Safe Haven Resource Center, located at 414 West 1st Street (downtown Duluth across from City Hall), offers an “off-the-street” service to victims of domestic violence. The vision of the Resource Center is to provide a safe location where all the needs of victims are met, children are protected, violence stops, families heal and thrive, economic justice increases, hope is realized, batterers are held accountable and all professionals work together.
414 West 1st Street (across from city hall)
Safe Haven Shelter for Battered Women
P.O. Box 3558
Duluth, MN 558033
Phone Number: 218-623-1000
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Safe Have Resource Center provides quick and comprehensive services, including:
- Legal advocacy − help with obtaining restraining orders and navigating the criminal justice system.
- Safety planning and 911 emergency phones.
- Opportunities to meet with police, attorneys, therapists, healthcare providers, housing specialists, and other support providers.
- Information and referrals.
- Personal support and support groups.
- Drop-in center equipped with full kitchen, shower, comfortable lounge, TV and internet access.
The Resource Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To contact the Resource Center call 218-623-1000.