When you are the victim of domestic violence, you have rights, including the right to:
- File a petition requesting an Order for Protection.
- Be notified of the release of an offender from jail, prison or a custodial institution.
- Participate in the prosecution process.
- Request a speedy trial.
- Attend all court hearings.
- Request that your address be withheld in open court.
- Request that law enforcement withhold your identify from the public.
- Request the court to order the defendant to pay restitution.
These are not your only rights.
You may be eligible for financial assistance from the state if you have suffered economic loss as the result of a crime.
Until you try
You don’t know
What you can’t do.
— Henry James